Why Speak Out? Why Bother? Why Blog?

>> April 2, 2010

I was asked last week why I write about Obama and the current crop of lunatics running the country. I answered her at the time and got that glazed look that says "So? And your point is?" She said "I vote. That's my voice. What else can I do?" To which I replied simply "You don't get it, do you?" No, I guess not. 
 
She didn't. 
 
I didn't feel like I could enlighten her at the moment so, after the meeting, I was back at my office and decided to write a quick letter to try to explain to the uninitiated what drives me. It truly amazes me that someone can read what is on these pages and not understand why I do it.

The following is the letter and the link I sent to her:

 
I’ve been thinking about your question earlier. I don’t think I answered it to my satisfaction.
 
If you want to know why I blog or write about these things, Here is the bottom line. I love the ideas of the Founders. I love freedom and liberty and I know we are losing them. I want to lend a voice to the thousands/millions of others who wish to stop what is discussed in this article. It’s not the absolute best article I’ve found but it is does reference some law professors who agree that if these guys aren’t stopped, our country is quite probably doomed. They are setting precedent that will have future consequences impacting individual property and liberty. In other words, every aspect of your life.
 
That doesn’t scare you? It does me. And it makes me mad that I see it happening on such a large scale here. It makes me angrier to see liberals who gloat over the destruction of the very thing that enables their prosperity, the Constitution. Activism is needed. Not just at the ballot box. I know for some that is all they feel they can do. I happen to think they are wrong. The more I learn, the more I feel it is our duty as Americans to be informed about our country so as to defend it from these types of attacks. We’ve been asleep and inattentive as is needed by the form of government the founders set up for us. It requires our involvement.
 
I’ve had this conversation before and what I always find myself saying over and over again is: If I didn’t think I could change it, I would still do it because it’s what I feel I must do as an American.
 
Call me what you will, but I’m not crazy. These people are more power hungry than most realize. I don’t wish for anyone to live under oligarchy and I hate aristocracy. Both of those paths are tyrannical and often lead to dictatorships. For anyone to think it couldn’t happen here is, to me, not as aware as they should be. History does repeat itself.
 
I look at it this way, the left owns 90% of the main stream media. Bloggers are a part of the opposition to that misinformation. I’m proud to be a part of that opposition and have fun doing it most of the time. Believe me, sometimes I wish I was ignorant to what is happening. Ignorance may in fact be bliss, but now that I know some of it, now that I’ve gone down the rabbit hole as they say, I want to see it all and I might as well share it with whomever would listen.
 
OK, I’ll go back to work now boss,
 
God Bless.

FYI Boss, I posted this on my time,   ;-)

3 comments:

Matt April 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

Well said! Sadly, some people will never figure out what is going on.

Gorges Smythe April 2, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

As easy as it is to blame it ALL on King Barrack, Ike warned us back in the 50's to beware the military/industrial complex. Unfortunately, no one listened then and no one's listening now. Obama is just a pawn in the grand scheme of things, but he's stupid enough to really believe that he's in control. Even the muslims are in large part being used by "the powers that be", as are the illegal aliens in this country.

robot April 2, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

You know, It's funny but not it a good way. Some people, even the most powerful actually believe their sycophantic familiars. That's why conservatives and libertarians ruffle their feathers so much when we argue in logic.

We lose when we get caught in their world, which is emotion. You can't win a debate with a liberal against any entitlement cause from emotion. It has to be based in rational thought. WE have to show them, in a brotherly way the err of their ways. That is it. The more we convert, the more votes we don't have to counter. - Thinking in pixels out loud.

Matt, Gorges,
Thanks for stoppin' in and getting the olde synapses firing.
Hope you both have a great Easter. God Bless.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

USO

USO
Donate!
Powered By Blogger

Congratulations!

You win the "I scrolled to the bottom of the blog award". Which is an empty paper bag of hot air. But then, if you made it this far, that is exactly what you've received. Glad you stopped by.
Please, while you're here, hit he USO tip jar. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP