Backwoods Dining

>> March 14, 2010

I took a trip to Houston yesterday.  Conroe actually. Had some family business to attend to. On the way back I stopped by an old restaurant / dance hall / beer joint that sits on one of the many waterways nearby. Nestled in one of the bayou's branches just off the main body of water, its a nice place to relax and have a frosty beverage, take in the woodsy ambiance and enjoy some great down-home cooking. I had the fried alligator. Yum. Not too expensive either.



On Sundays during the spring and summer seasons you can find a cajun or swamp pop band playing in the afternoon. I highly recommend it. If your ever out on Highway 365, around Labelle road stop over and pay them a visit. You can google it to find out exactly where. The place? Oh. Pine Tree Lodge.

And no, they do not know I am writing this. But you can tell them I did,  if you decide to go. They'll probably say "Mind Numbed Whaaat?"

3 comments:

Teresa March 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

That looks like a quaint, little, restaurant. I love the Houston area. My sister lives in Houston and I'll have to tell her about this place.

Have a great weekend :)

Amusing Bunni March 14, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Fried Gator, you are a brave guy!
Lovely pics you took. I'm happy you had such
a fun excersion, LHC

robot March 14, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Hi Teresa, it's actually about an hour southeast of Houston, but it's a good trip. The Sundays are usually packed and fun.

Bunni, don't knock it til you try it. :) The sauce they make there is excellent.

Thanks for droppin' by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

USO

USO
Donate!
Powered By Blogger

Congratulations!

You win the "I scrolled to the bottom of the blog award". Which is an empty paper bag of hot air. But then, if you made it this far, that is exactly what you've received. Glad you stopped by.
Please, while you're here, hit he USO tip jar. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP