Fun With Google - or - Why Does Obama Hate My Country?

>> March 12, 2010

While researching an article the other day, I came to an interesting conclusion. Google is liberal. If it's not liberal, then it is definitely left leaning and certainly anti-conservative.

The reason I say this is Google seems to be engaging in one of my pet peeves of modern politics. Projection. Taking ones own faults and projecting them onto others.

Case in point:
My premise for the search is "Obama hates republicans".
I believe there is plenty of evidence out there to agree with this theory. All you have to do is listen to one of The Won's speeches to hear him denegrade the republicans for causing some such economic disaster or social calamity or another.

But,

Google doesn't know this.
Exhibit "A"

If you look closely at the following screen cap you will see that there is only one return that remotely fits the search terms. That answer is: "Why does Obama hate my country?". That's it. (Good question by the way. Keep wondering that myself.) Try it for yourself. I've searched on several computers because I thought mine might have conservative keyword cookies in it or some such shit, but no, Google always returns similar results.


Then I thought, hmmm, I wonder if I'm using too strong a term? I mean, "hate" is pretty stout. Maybe he really just "dislikes" them in the circuits of Google. So,

Exhibit "B"


Still turning the phrase around to suit an opposite agenda. Pushing the point home that the republicans hate/dislike Obama, Pelosi, Hillary, babies, little puppies and sea urchins.  Which is completely false. We do not hate sea urchins.


Now then, while I was at it, I thought hmmm, I wonder what kind of result BING would return?

Needless to say, not as telling, but the fun came in with the auto complete feature on both websites.

First BING. Check out what BING thinks you might think Obama hates.

I didn't know there was an Obama Hate Mall. Wonder what's on sale there? Hmmm...

Now Google
WTF is a borf?

Now for the really scary one. While I was typing in the first "Obama hates Republicans" query, I got to the "r" and stopped. Can you see why?


Hope he doesn't get those lasers tuned up anytime soon...
Crossposted at The Resistance

5 comments:

Matt March 12, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Didn't Google let a "Googlebomb" against Bush go on for years, but one against Obama got cleared up in a matter of days? I think they are lefty.

Obama hates Robots, eh. I suggest you charge whatever defensive systems you have and set phasers to "deep fry." :P

robot March 12, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Yeah, I think I recall that. Truthfully, I knew Google was/is liberal, I just wanted to jack with my host about it. Now they'll "lose" my blog...

Gorges Smythe March 12, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

I suspect Snopes is likewise. I've looked up several things there, only to find liberal gaffs entirely ignored and conservative ones well documented. I wish I could remember what they were but I don't, so you'll have to take this only as an opinion. Check it out yourself if you want to to. Either way, it can be considerwed a learning experience.

Kid March 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

HAHAH !

But yea, obama hates Whites, America, Capitalism, Successful people - all the things he ain't.

Amusing Bunni March 13, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Be Careful MNR, obummer hates you...well, he hates all of us, and I'm sure the feeling's mutual.
Thanks for doing that interesting research.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

USO

USO
Donate!
Powered By Blogger

Congratulations!

You win the "I scrolled to the bottom of the blog award". Which is an empty paper bag of hot air. But then, if you made it this far, that is exactly what you've received. Glad you stopped by.
Please, while you're here, hit he USO tip jar. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP