Project Valour IT

>> October 28, 2009

"...helps provide voice-controlled/adaptive laptop computers and other technology to support Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines recovering from hand wounds and other severe injuries. Technology supplied includes:

Voice-controlled Laptops - Operated by speaking into a microphone or using other adaptive technologies, they allow the wounded to maintain connections with the rest of the world during recovery.
Wii Video Game Systems - Whole-body game systems increase motivation and speed recovery when used under the guidance of physical therapists in therapy sessions (donated only to medical facilities).
Personal GPS - Handheld GPS devices build self-confidence and independence by compensating for short-term memory loss and organizational challenges related to severe TBI and severe PTSD."

"...It is comforting to know there are people who care so much.  After a year of surgeries, treatment and therapy, it can be discouraging. Although I am a trained attorney, due to TBI, it is unclear what my future will be.  The computer will help with my therapy and my transition back to civilian work." – Captain V, U.S. Army Reserves

I have to admit, I saw this on Villanous Company's blog and Miss Attila's blog the other day and am ashamed I didn't post sooner. Please forgive my tardiness. I just didn't realize the short time frame. This Project ends Nov. 11th so, maybe I'm not too late.

Man-up and dig deep my loyal readers, we are few, I know, but we can still make a difference in the life of a wounded vet.


ooh rah!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

USO

USO
Donate!
Powered By Blogger

Congratulations!

You win the "I scrolled to the bottom of the blog award". Which is an empty paper bag of hot air. But then, if you made it this far, that is exactly what you've received. Glad you stopped by.
Please, while you're here, hit he USO tip jar. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP